想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,方便使用
还剩19页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢how we montessori: Otis 10 months
Enter your email address:Delivered by
powered by
As a parent I try to say yes as much as possible. I look for ways to say yes.  However you cannot avoid the need to say no. As Otis is mobile he is hearing it more than ever. He is probably hearing it a little too much. I re-read some of my Montessori texts and Montessori from the Start probably has the best description of how to say no. 
I think at first it's important to remember that infants don't know what no means. Just by saying it, repeating it and getting louder or more urgent won't help. At this age you physically need to show your child what no means. This could be as simple as removing the forbidden item from the child's reach, line of sight or redirecting your child. 
Lillard and Jessen (Montessori from the Start) refer to redirecting the child in a respectful manner. 
If you child crawls or walks rapidly away from you, try not to swoop her up from behind into your arms. Instead, go around in front of her and stop her motion by facing her. You are then able to redirect her energies in a decisive and, at the same time respectful manner. 
Because so often I see children (I possibly have done this myself) treat their child like a piece of clay, picking them up from behind, without any warning to redirect them. 
By redirecting your child in this way, you are showing her that she is not a &lump of clay& she is a developing person. You are respecting her as someone who must one day &turn herself around& and not expect &rescue from behind&.  
Another tip from Lillard and Jessen. Be consistent.
Redirect her behaviour every single time that that behaviour is inappropriate. Do not think that maybe this once you can let something go. You cannot. The child can only internalise firmness and an understanding of finality and limits in life from your consistency and your confindent manner in helping her. 
And this wonderful quote 
...the adult's role is to &teach children limits with love or the world will teach them without it.&
This is the advice I need right now. Limits with love.
We are having a quiet week here. Otis is feeling unwell and I need to catch up on some sleep. If you are interested in reading a little more about us click over to  where I answer some of Suzanne's questions. I hope I represented my family well. Sometimes it's difficult to accurately express ourselves. I hope you like the article. 
Can you see the pillow behind Otis in the above photograph. I made the pillowcase from my growing collection of Cloud 9 fabric. I had previously discussed quilting. My sewing confidants advised me against it, suggesting I take a class first. Since these are the same people who would need to rescue me if I got into trouble I am best to follow their advice. Perhaps one day I'll take a class. In the meantime I can make an awesome pillowcase.
Yes it's true. Otis and I often get bored while Caspar is at school. We run out of things to do and I look for activities using materials we already have at home. I thought why not try playdough. For a sensory experience and to use some of those little hand muscles. I looked for the most simple recipe and found this one everywhere. It makes the perfect sized ball just for the two of us. 
As it was Otis's first time with playdough it was a completely new experience. I wanted him to feel it. There was no need to add colour. I only had wholewheat flour and I think this made it a wonderful texture. I know most people aim for smooth dough but I don't mind this one bit. 
Yes, he did try to eat it but most of all he wanted to pat it and then pull it apart. I loved making hand-prints with him. I rolled it into little balls which was fun to squish in our hands.
This playdough was lovely and soft but we only kept it for a couple of days. I know it would last much longer but for Otis (who currently has cold germs) I prefer to give him a fresh batch.  It turned out to be a lovely mother and son activity. 
You guessed it. He's crawling.
He's also climbing. We don't have stairs and this single step proved to be no problem. 
How about a fun obstacle course? A tunnel, pillows and cushions with a toy at the end. 
I haven't observed a child before with such a need to move. It's not about crawling but the need to be upright. Crawling is just a way to get somewhere to pull himself up. He spends half the day standing. Wherever. Whoever.  
Our house was already (mostly!) child proof. Caspar has had to move some toys. I'm trying to break the habit of carrying him so much. It's amazing with the ability to crawl how much he moves around the entire house. Sometimes just from room to room.
His level of independence and self confidence has skyrocketed. Part of that independence is a separation from me. I am grieving that loss already. He's no longer my little baby. Eek, he'll be one soon. 
The decision to offer the child space for movement has important implications for both parents and child becuase it implies the decision to have a family life oriented increasingly toward the collaboration of people living together.  
There is really no need to buy objects but only a need to understand the value of free movement and how important it is for children always to feel their bodies free to move and work in a space. 
    - Understanding the Human Being by Silvana Quattrocchi Montanaro
In the last few days Otis has been pulling to standing. I moved our kitchen table so he has access to all of our low window ledges. These low windows are great as the ledge is the right height to offer support and the window provides a view of the yard or a reflection of himself.
Couches, coffee tables, ottomans, shelves, people, beds. He pulls up on everything. 
I put a small step stool near our wall mirror giving him another opportunity to pull up to see himself.
I also moved his small table into his room. I thought he would pull up on his chair but he hasn't figured that out yet. But there is lots of this.
He must be worn out. That's a lot of activity for one day.
The unusual and slightly worrying thing is he isn't crawling on all fours yet. He is very mobile and fast but launching/creeping/slithering along. Getting a very dirty tum!
How could I forget the instruments. These are taken directly from Caspar's musical instrument basket. Egg shakers, maraca, claves and tone block are all suitable for Otis. 
Today I decided to try the standard, all-in-one discovery basket. Sometimes called a treasure basket. I used How to Raise an Amazing Child by Tim Seldin for inspiration. Tim suggests items made of metal, wood, glass, fabric, leather and items found in nature. He suggests between 50 and 100 items. I estimate I had around twenty items and I found the reason I suspect so many parents like this kind of basket. It keeps the child happy for a looooong time. 
If you are looking for ideas for a younger child look back at some of my older posts. I gave Otis his first and oh so sweet treasure basket at four months . That was an amazing experience. I still remember watching as he touched silk for the first time. Two baskets that Otis used at six months are found . 
There are a couple of lovely posts to look back on from Montessori ici  and another beautiful example .
I frequently get low on discovery basket ideas for Otis.  I don't want to purchase any new items so typically I am looking around the house for something interesting. While sometimes I put together a basket of random items I usually like to keep items to a specific category or theme. 
Here are a few baskets that Otis has been enjoying recently. 
1. A ball basket. He has the puzzle ball, a leather juggling ball, a couple of knitted balls and a plastic bouncy ball. These are a lot of fun because once out of the basket they can be chased all around the house. 
2. Kitchen utensils. This is an easy one. So many kitchen items can be used as they are usually safe to be mouthed by babies. It is really easy to put together especially if you are already working in the kitchen. 
3. Brushes. I love the textures of these brushes. Some bristles are hard and scratchy, others are soft and delicate. I love to use this with him and lightly brush his hand or foot.  
4. Farm animals. I once met a ten month old baby who could make the sounds of farm animals. Unbelievable. While Otis is no where near this he enjoys playing with them. This is one of Caspar's favourites as he likes to show Otis each animal and tells him all about them. 
5. Rattle/shaker basket. This is a nice way of rotating the various rattles and other small in hand materials we have. These get rotated often and if we are going out it is easy for me to grab one or two rattles to take with us. 
6. Finger puppets. These were a lovely Christmas gift from a friend. Caspar loves finger play and finger puppets add a new dimension to this. This is another basket that Caspar likes to use with Otis. 
Safety is important when considering items to include in a discovery basket. Some of these baskets I only give to Otis when he is supervised.
Hmm... what to try next?

我要回帖

更多关于 rescue实验是什么意思 的文章

随机推荐