电&&&&&&&&话:
官方网站:
距离1.24km
距离1.27km
距离1.27km
距离2.02km
距离2.39km
距离2.41km
南安普敦旅游攻略指南? 携程攻略社区! 靠谱的旅游攻略平台,最佳的南安普敦自助游、自由行、自驾游、跟团旅线路,海量南安普敦旅游景点图片、游记、交通、美食、购物、住宿、娱乐、行程、指南等旅游攻略信息,了解更多南安普敦旅游信息就来携程旅游攻略。 英格兰旅游攻略导航:南安普敦移动端旅游快速入口:
 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  
|  |  |  |  |  | 
 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  | , . All rights reserved. | & 三星Scotney软件
20195人推荐10829人推荐13690人推荐9775人推荐26886人推荐15936人推荐12552人推荐12791人推荐8905人推荐4722人推荐14965人推荐16419人推荐
即时聊天社交聊天社交聊天浏览器浏览器浏览器应用工具电子图书即时聊天生活助手即时聊天金融理财
705547人推荐41691人推荐51891人推荐72677人推荐15748人推荐31200人推荐60322人推荐32466人推荐20388人推荐20561人推荐23291人推荐20195人推荐
10 1216626
三星Scotney壁纸下载
三星Scotney产品报价最近查看的地点&C
最近查看的国家/地区
English (US)
Español
Français
Português
Nederlands
中文 (SIM)
中文 (Taiwan)
Español (Argentina)
Español (Latin America)
Sloven?inu
Català
Português (Brazil)
русский
Ελληνικ?
English (UK)
TÜRKÇE
Français (Canada)
Укра?нське
Bahasa Indonesia
български
Eesti keeles
?аза?ша
Македонски
Bahasa Melayu
Ti?ng Vi?t
Crnogorski
Az?rbaycanca
最近查看的国家/地区
注:查找国家/地区前请先选择区域
最近查看的地点
第 1 - 5 天,共 90 天 |
间歇性多云
间歇性降雨
RealFeel®
风速 (千米/时)
11 西南偏西
13 西南偏西
15 西南偏西
17 西南偏西
18 西南偏西
18 西南偏西
20 西南偏西
20 西南偏西
紫外线指数
气温历史记录 10月4日
Custom SearchGlentower House in Glendevon boasting one towering mast-have feature for sale | Daily Mail Online
For sail: The old seadog's house boasting one towering mast-have feature (and its own fishing rights!)
Glentower House in Glendevon features a tower built around a ship's mastThe property in Clackmannanshire belongs to John Harrison and his familyOverlooking the River Devon, the unique property is being sold at ?595,000Its new owner will also be given double-bank fishing rights on the river
22:02 BST, 27 June 2015
14:00 BST, 28 June 2015
It’s not unusual for someone building a home to put their family’s stamp on it. But 19th century landowner John Bald Harvey, whose family had a successful shipping business, went so far as including a tower built around a ship’s mast in his new property. The mast, which is 18 inches in diameter at its widest, sits in the centre, with the tower’s wooden steps spiralling around it.‘Apparently, Harvey built the tower so he could survey all his land from the top,’ says Edinburgh-based business consultant John Harrison, who, with his wife Libby, bought Glentower House, in Glendevon, Clackmannanshire, ten years ago as a holiday home.
Unique: The 19th Century home with its distinctive tower is being sold for offers over ?595,000 He explains how the nautical theme is carried on through the house. ‘There are two porthole-style windows in the living room. And one of the bedrooms has a vaulted ceiling constructed like the upturned boat’s hull.’The secluded Glentower House overlooks the River Devon, which flows into the River Forth – and the property also contains the 18th century Lavender Cottage, which is let out to others for holidays.
RELATED ARTICLES
Share this article
‘It is in an idyllic location, surrounded by trees and hidden from the world,’ says John, who had been curious about the property long before he and Libby bought it. ‘I had always been fascinated to know what lay behind the stone wall with its arched entrance, which I passed every time I drove to Gleneagles to play golf. When I saw the property was for sale, we had to go and see it.’The Harrisons have used the house for weekends and holidays with their two children, Jack and Rebecca, who are now 18 and 21, and they have loved their time there. ‘It was like an adventure castle for the children, but now they are grown up we do not go as much and I feel that another family should get the pleasure of it,’ John says. It is on the market with Strutt & Parker for offers over ?595,000.
Elegant: The seating area in a bedroom that once served as a chapel (left). Owner John Harrison (right) beside the River Devon with the house perched on the bank The couple say the house, which was built in 1880, was quite dilapidated when they bought it and they spent 18 months restoring it. ‘We took out the old Victorian windows on the south side facing the river and put in much larger French doors with timber decking running the length of the house,’ John says. They also put in timber steps and a path down to the river, and restored the bridge over it.One of the attractions of the property is that it has double-bank fishing rights on the river.A fishermen’s average expenditure, according to Strutt & Parker’s 2014 Game Shooting and Fishing Census, is ?1,600 a year, with 43 per cent of those interviewed spending up to ?50 a day on trout fishing. But whoever owns Glentower House can fish for free, and while not as well-known as the Tweed or the Don, the River Devon still has its fair share of wild trout. John isn’t much of an angler but quite a few of the people who have rented Lavender Cottage have come specifically to fish. He also allows the chef of the Gleneagles Hotel to fish there when he wants.A day’s fishing on particular sections of rivers at certain times of year – such as on the River Test in Hampshire in May – can set you back ?1,000. And on many fishing rivers there is no access whatsoever because miles of riverbanks are owned by private fishing clubs and estates.‘You used to be able to say fishing rights put 20 per cent on a house,’ says Philip Blanchard of Jackson-Stops & Staff’s Winchester office. ‘But now you have to be mindful of flooding, which could reduce that a little.’Other houses currently on the market with fishing rights include a five-bedroom house in Sutton Scotney, Hampshire, on the River Dever, which has three trout ponds and two lakes, and is for sale for ?1.3 million. Kerrow House in Beauly, Inverness-shire, has 3.5 miles of single-bank fishing on the River Glass. It is currently run as a B&B and self-catering operation and has five bedrooms plus five letting properties. Strutt & Parker is looking for offers over ?950,000.The Hall, near Salisbury, Wiltshire, has double-bank fishing rights on the River Avon and a trout lake. The seven-bedroom house has 4.4 acres and is for sale for ?1.895 million. Bossington Mill in Houghton, Hampshire, has 800ft of single-bank fishing on the Test and was home in the late 1880s to the ‘father of modern dry-fly fishing’ Frederic Halford. The Grade II listed property has six bedrooms, 1.9 acres and is for sale for ?2.4 million.
Share or comment on this article
MOST READ NEWS
The comments below have not been moderated.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
More top stories
DON'T MISS
MORE DON'T MISS
EDITOR'S SIX OF THE BESTCoach and Horses in Sutton Scotney, Winchester, 2 For 1 Discount Meals | tastecard
Email Address:
Keep me signed in (Uncheck if using a shared computer)
Or sign in with:
Winchester
Oxford Road,
Sutton Scotney,
Winchester,
at Coach and Horses
Coach and Horses is a traditional, local pub that provides a friendly atmosphere, home made food and a fully stocked bar. With their large beer garden and pet-friendly attitude, they're the perfect place to bring your family for a great afternoon out.
The welcoming and helpful staff will make sure you have everything you need, whether you're visiting us for a full 3 course dinner, or you just want a beer while you play darts on their board.
Other restaurants nearby
View all reviews
Write a Review
Coach and Horses
Average member score
Diner rating
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Barry said
"Fantastic pub
This place was a real traditional pub with great food.
A great place to visit."
Myshell said
"Great food and service
Lovely food and friendly staff"
"Pretty Poor Service But Good , Well Priced Food
Found the waitress rude and she came over took our plates and didn't say anything else...."
"Good Quality Pub Food
We visited this pub on a weekday evening when it was quite busy, they were very accommodating..."
ratboyslim32 said
Ok. Had a roast. Over boiled veg and too tender meat."
"Fantastic!!!!
My partner and I phoned up and booked a table within an hour of the call. The lady who I spoke to..."
"Last Minute Meal
My partner and I fancied a last minute meal out, saw that this was close by and called to book a..."
My second visit since they accepted the tastecard. Both times I found the service
warm and..."
Dennis said
"Well Worth A Try
We stopped by after a visit to the Vyne (Natiomal Trust) nearby. They were very helpful and..."
Barry said: "Fantastic pub
A great place to visit.
Posted 2 months, 6 days ago...
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
rating summary.
Myshell said: "Great food and service
Lovely food and friendly staff
Posted 4 months, 8 days ago...
rating summary.
Eric said: "Pretty Poor Service But Good , Well Priced Food
Found the waitress rude and she came over took our plates and didn't say anything else. Really nice home cooked food though
Posted 6 months, 9 days ago...
rating summary.
Mr said: "Good Quality Pub Food
We visited this pub on a weekday evening when it was quite busy, they were very accommodating with our request for a high chair and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The service was quick and the food was good with good portion sizes. No quibble at all about booking and using the card. All in all a very pleasant evening.
Posted 1 year, 1 month, 23 days ago...
rating summary.
ratboyslim32 said:
Ok. Had a roast. Over boiled veg and too tender meat.
Posted 1 year, 6 months, 6 days ago...
rating summary.
Rich said: "Fantastic!!!!
My partner and I phoned up and booked a table within an hour of the call. The lady who I spoke to was very friendly and welcoming.
The food was well priced and the gentleman who served us couldn't have been more helpful. A lovely rustic pub, serving great food by friendly welcoming staff!!! We had a lovely time and fully recommend a visit.
Posted 2 years, 2 months, 5 days ago...
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
rating summary.
Amy said: "Last Minute Meal
My partner and I fancied a last minute meal out, saw that this was close by and called to book a table 20 minutes before arrival. Both ladies were very pleasant and welcoming upon arrival, and server quickly with no hassle. We were in a side room which was a little cold, but not a huge problem. We had two of the specials, lamb and gammon. The lamb was beautiful, highly recommend it! Food came reasonably fast, pleasant last minute meal out and will definitely return to use this taste card. Lovely little pub.
Posted 2 years, 4 months, 26 days ago...
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
rating summary.
My second visit since they accepted the tastecard. Both times I found the service
warm and friendly. The food very tasty and the relaxed atmosphere a plus.
i look forward to going again.
Posted 3 years, 2 days ago...
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
rating summary.
Dennis said: "Well Worth A Try
We stopped by after a visit to the Vyne (Natiomal Trust) nearby. They were very helpful and assured TC was usable on a Sunday- unlike lots of other places. The barmaid said she had a card herself! Our first choices were off the menu, however the meals we did receive were excellent, and extremely good value. I would have been very happy paying full price with no TC. Very tasty and generous potions. The bar was characterful but unpretentious. Overall, really enjoyable visit.
Posted 3 years, 1 month, 2 days ago...
rating summary.
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Email address
Contact telephone no. (optional)
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Submitting review
Barry said: "Fantastic pub
A great place to visit.
Posted 2 months, 6 days ago...
0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
rating summary.
Myshell said: "Great food and service
Lovely food and friendly staff
Posted 4 months, 8 days ago...
rating summary.
Eric said: "Pretty Poor Service But Good , Well Priced Food
Found the waitress rude and she came over took our plates and didn't say anything else. Really nice home cooked food though
Posted 6 months, 9 days ago...
rating summary.
Mr said: "Good Quality Pub Food
We visited this pub on a weekday evening when it was quite busy, they were very accommodating with our request for a high chair and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The service was quick and the food was good with good portion sizes. No quibble at all about booking and using the card. All in all a very pleasant evening.
Posted 1 year, 1 month, 23 days ago...
rating summary.
ratboyslim32 said:
Ok. Had a roast. Over boiled veg and too tender meat.
Posted 1 year, 6 months, 6 days ago...
rating summary.
Rich said: "Fantastic!!!!
My partner and I phoned up and booked a table within an hour of the call. The lady who I spoke to was very friendly and welcoming.
The food was well priced and the gentleman who served us couldn't have been more helpful. A lovely rustic pub, serving great food by friendly welcoming staff!!! We had a lovely time and fully recommend a visit.
Posted 2 years, 2 months, 5 days ago...
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
rating summary.
Amy said: "Last Minute Meal
My partner and I fancied a last minute meal out, saw that this was close by and called to book a table 20 minutes before arrival. Both ladies were very pleasant and welcoming upon arrival, and server quickly with no hassle. We were in a side room which was a little cold, but not a huge problem. We had two of the specials, lamb and gammon. The lamb was beautiful, highly recommend it! Food came reasonably fast, pleasant last minute meal out and will definitely return to use this taste card. Lovely little pub.
Posted 2 years, 4 months, 26 days ago...
3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
rating summary.
warm and friendly. The food very tasty and the relaxed atmosphere a plus.
i look forward to going again.
Posted 3 years, 2 days ago...
1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
rating summary.
Dennis said: "Well Worth A Try
We stopped by after a visit to the Vyne (Natiomal Trust) nearby. They were very helpful and assured TC was usable on a Sunday- unlike lots of other places. The barmaid said she had a card herself! Our first choices were off the menu, however the meals we did receive were excellent, and extremely good value. I would have been very happy paying full price with no TC. Very tasty and generous potions. The bar was characterful but unpretentious. Overall, really enjoyable visit.
Posted 3 years, 1 month, 2 days ago...
rating summary.
& 2006 - 2017 tastecard |
Registered in England , Taste&Marketing&Limited, Birkby&Grange, 85&Birkby&Hall&Road, Birkby, Huddersfield, HD2&2XB
& 2006 - 2017 tastecard |

我要回帖

更多关于 sutton 的文章

随机推荐