淘宝商城knitting my stories淘宝c店是什么意思品牌

Robot Check
Type the characters you see in this image:
Continue shopping
& , , Inc. or its affiliates阅读下列文字资料,按照要求匹配信息,并将答题卡上的相应选项涂黑。请阅读下列科技新闻的信息:A. One of the biggest science stories last year was the research on stem cells announced by South Korean scientist Hwang Woo-suk. But now it appears that the research was false. In June, Mr. Hwang reported that he and his team at Seoul National University had created eleven new stem cell lines.B. Another major science story last year came from the United States. On December twentieth, a federal judge ruled that teaching “intelligent design” in public schools is a violation of the United States Constitution.C. There was also news last year about the American space program. The American space shuttle(航天飞机) returned to the skies in July. Discovery and its seven-member crew made the first shuttle flight in two and one-half years. NASA had suspended shuttle flights following the deadly explosion of the shuttle Columbia in 2003.D. Avian influenza(禽流感) was also a major science story last year. The H5N1 virus appeared in birds in Europe for the first time. Yet the only known human cases of the disease have been in East Asia. There have been about one hundred forty confirmed cases of bird flu since 2003. About half the people have died.E. The World Health Organization advises patients to take a combination of four drugs to treat tuberculosis(肺结核). These four antibiotics must be taken for about six months to cure the disease. Some people, however, take the drugs only until they feel better. Discontinuing treatment is a mistake.F. The researchers began the study in January, 2002. They called it SMART---Strategies for Management of Anti-retroviral Therapy. The scientists reached more than ninety percent of the target before they halted(停止) new enrollments last month. The researchers tested all the people for the level of CD-four cells in their blood. The researchers divided the patients into two groups.阅读以下与科技有关的信息卡,然后匹配信息卡和与之相关的科技新闻:【小题1】Card 1: One group stayed on continuous anti-retroviral therapy. They took their medicines every day. The other took them periodically. They took the drugs only when their CD-four count fell below two hundred fifty cells per cubic millimeter of blood.【小题2】Card 2 : Judge John Jones said that intelligent design is not science. He said it is a version of Christianity. So to teach it in public schools violates the law that requires the separation of church and state. Supporters of intelligent design criticize the science of evolution.【小题3】Card 3: Stem cells have the ability to grow into other cells. Science magazine published the report. The new lines were made from the eggs of eighteen women and skin cells from eleven other people.【小题4】Card 4: Many of the victims had touched or been around infected farm birds. But health experts around the world began warning that the bird flu virus could change into a form that is passed from person to person.【小题5】Card 5 : That explosion was the result of damage done to Columbia during its launch. A piece of lightweight protective material fell off the shuttle’s external fuel container. The object hit the shuttle at a high rate of speed and made a hole in one of the wings. This permitted extremely hot gases to enter the shuttle and destroy the spacecraft as it returned to the earth.
Humans have sewn by hand for thousands of years. It was said that the first thread was made from animal muscle and sinew (腱). And the earliest needles were made from bones. Since those early days, many people have been involved in the process of developing a machine that could do the same thing more quickly and with greater efficiency. Charles Wiesenthal, who was born in Germany, designed and received a patent on a double-pointed needle that eliminated the need to turn the needle around with each stitch (缝合) in England in 1755. Other inventors of that time tried to develop a functional sewing machine, but each design had at least one serious imperfection. [来源:学,科Frenchman Barthelemy Thimonnier finally engineered a machine that really worked. However, he was nearly killed by a group of angry tailors when they burned down his garment factory. They feared that they would lose their jobs to the machine. American inventor Elias Howe, born on July 9, 1819, was awarded a patent for a method of sewing that used thread from two different sources. Howe’s machine had a needle with an eye at the point, and it used the two threads to make a special stitch called a lockstitch. However, Howe faced difficulty in finding buyers for his machines in America. In frustration, he traveled to England to try to sell his invention there. When he finally returned home, he found that dozens of manufacturers were adapting his discovery for use in their own sewing machines. Isaac Singer, another American inventor, was also a manufacturer who made improvements to the design of sewing machines. He invented an up-and-down-motion mechanism that replaced the side-to-side machines. He also developed a foot treadle(脚踏板) to power his machine. This improvement left the sewer’s hands free. Undoubtedly, it was a huge improvement of the hand-cranked machine of the past. Soon the Singer sewing machine achieved more fame than the others for it was more practical, it could be adapted to home use and it could be bought on hire-purchase. The Singer sewing machine became the first home appliance, and the Singer company became one of the first American multinationals.However, Singer used the same method to create a lockstitch that Howe had already patented. As a result, Howe accused him of patent infringement(侵犯). Of course, Elias Howe won the court case, and Singer was ordered to pay Howe royalties(版税). In the end, Howe became a millionaire, not by manufacturing the sewing machine, but by receiving royalty payments for his invention. 1.Barthelemy Thimonnier’s garment factory was burned down because _____________. A. people did not know how to put out the fire B. Elias Howe thought Thimonnier had stolen his inventionC. the sewing machines was couldn’t work finally D. workers who feared the loss of their jobs to a machine set fire2.Which of the following is NOT TRUE according to the passage??? A. Singer is an American inventor and manufacturer. B. The Singer sewing company became more practical.C. The foot treadle helped to make the sewer’s hands free. D. Singer made improvements to the design of sewing machines.3.Why did the court force Isaac Singer to pay Elisa Howe a lifetime of royalties?A. Because the judge was against Singer for his surly attitude.B. Because Howe had already patented the lockstitch used by Singer. C. Because Singer had borrowed money from Howe and never repaid it. D. Because Singer and Howe had both invented the same machine. 4.Which of the following would be the best title for this passage?A. A Stitch in Time Saves NineB. The Case between Howe and SingerC. Patent Laws on the Sewing MachineD. The Early History of the Sewing Machine 
阅读下列文字资料,按照要求匹配信息,并将答题卡上的相应选项涂黑。
请阅读下列科技新闻的信息:
A. One of the biggest science stories last year was
the research on stem cells announced by South Korean scientist Hwang Woo-suk.
But now it appears that the research was false. In June, Mr. Hwang reported
that he and his team at Seoul National University had created eleven new stem
cell lines.
B. Another major science story last year came from the
United States. On December twentieth, a federal judge ruled that teaching
“intelligent design” in public schools is a violation of the United States
Constitution.
C. There was also news last year about the American
space program. The American space shuttle(航天飞机)
returned to the skies in July. Discovery and its seven-member crew made the
first shuttle flight in two and one-half years. NASA had suspended shuttle
flights following the deadly explosion of the shuttle Columbia in 2003.
D. Avian influenza(禽流感) was also
a major science story last year. The H5N1 virus appeared in birds in Europe for
the first time. Yet the only known human cases of the disease have been in East
Asia. There have been about one hundred forty confirmed cases of bird flu since
2003. About half the people have died.
E. The World Health Organization advises patients to
take a combination of four drugs to treat tuberculosis(肺结核). These four antibiotics must be taken for about six
months to cure the disease. Some people, however, take the drugs only until
they feel better. Discontinuing treatment is a mistake.
F. The researchers began the study in January, 2002.
They called it SMART---Strategies for Management of Anti-retroviral Therapy.
The scientists reached more than ninety percent of the target before they
halted(停止) new enrollments last month. The
researchers tested all the people for the level of CD-four cells in their
blood. The researchers divided the patients into two groups.
阅读以下与科技有关的信息卡,然后匹配信息卡和与之相关的科技新闻:
1.Card 1: One group stayed on continuous
anti-retroviral therapy. They took their medicines every day. The other took
them periodically. They took the drugs only when their CD-four count fell below
two hundred fifty cells per cubic millimeter of blood.
2.Card 2 : Judge John Jones said that
intelligent design is not science. He said it is a version of Christianity. So
to teach it in public schools violates the law that requires the separation of
church and state. Supporters of intelligent design criticize the science of
evolution.
3.Card 3: Stem cells have the ability to grow
into other cells. Science magazine published the report. The new lines were
made from the eggs of eighteen women and skin cells from eleven other people.
4.Card 4: Many of the victims had touched or
been around infected farm birds. But health experts around the world began
warning that the bird flu virus could change into a form that is passed from
person to person.
5.Card 5 : That explosion was the result of
damage done to Columbia during its launch. A piece of lightweight protective
material fell off the shuttle’s external fuel container. The object hit the
shuttle at a high rate of speed and made a hole in one of the wings. This
permitted extremely hot gases to enter the shuttle and destroy the spacecraft
as it returned to the earth.
Humans have sewn by hand for thousands of years. It was said that the first thread was made from animal muscle and sinew. And the earliest needles were made from bones. Since those early days, many people have been involved in the process of developing a machine that could do the same thing more quickly and with greater efficiency. Charles Wiesenthal, who was born in Germany, designed and received a patent on a double-pointed needle that eliminated the need to turn the needle around with each stitch(缝合) in England in 1755. Other inventors of that time tried to develop a functional sewing machine, but each design had at least one serious imperfection. Frenchman Barthelemy Thimonnier finally engineered a machine that really worked. However, he was nearly killed by a group of angry tailors when they burned down his garment factory. They feared that they would lose their jobs to the machine. American inventor Elias Howe, born on July 9, 1819, was awarded a patent for a method of sewing that used thread from two different sources. Howe’s machine had a needle with an eye at the point, and it used the two threads to make a special stitch called a lockstitch. However, Howe faced difficulty in finding buyers for his machines in America. In frustration, he traveled to England to try to sell his invention there. When he finally returned home, he found that dozens of manufacturers were adapting his discovery for use in their own sewing machines. Isaac Singer, another American inventor, was also a manufacturer who made improvements to the design of sewing machines. He invented an up-and-down-motion mechanism that replaced the side-to-side machines. He also developed a foot treadle(脚踏板) to power his machine. This improvement left the sewer’s hands free. Undoubtedly, it was a huge improvement of the hand-cranked machine of the past. Soon the Singer sewing machine achieved more fame than the others for it was more practical, it could be adapted to home use and it could be bought on hire-purchase. The Singer sewing machine became the first home appliance, and the Singer company became one of the first American multinationals.However, Singer used the same method to create a lockstitch that Howe had already patented. As a result, Howe accused him of patent infringement(侵犯). Of course, Elias Howe won the court case, and Singer was ordered to pay Howe royalties(版税). In the end, Howe became a millionaire, not by manufacturing the sewing machine, but by receiving royalty payments for his invention1.Barthelemy Thimonnier’s garment factory was burned down because _____________A.people did not know how to put out the fireB.Elias Howe thought Thimonnier had stolen his inventionC.the sewing machines was couldn’t work finallyD.workers who feared the loss of their jobs to a machine set fire2.Which of the following is NOT TRUE according to the passage?A.Singer is an American inventor and manufacturerB.The Singer sewing company became more practicalC.The foot treadle helped to make the sewer’s hands freeD.Singer made improvements to the design of sewing machines3.Why did the court force Isaac Singer to pay Elisa Howe a lifetime of royalties?A.Because the judge was against Singer for his surly attitudeB.Because Howe had already patented the lockstitch used by SingerC.Because Singer had borrowed money from Howe and never repaid itD.Because Singer and Howe had both invented the same machine4.Which of the following would be the best title for this passage?A.Stitch in Time Saves NineB.The Case between Howe and SingerC.Patent Laws on the Sewing MachineD.The Early History of the Sewing Machine【04 Three Stories From My Life】_放心哥爱听外语-04 Three Stories From My Life在线试听_歌词下载-酷我音乐
&04 Three Stories From My Life
《04 Three Stories From My Life》 - 放心哥爱听外语
04 Three Stories From My Life
所属专辑:
审批文号:暂无
04 Three Stories From My Life相关MV推荐
暂无04 Three Stories From My Life的相关数据!
《04 Three Stories From My Life》歌词
- 放心哥爱听外语
Thank you!
I am honored to be with you today
at your commencement from one of
the finest universities in the world.
Truth be told,
I never graduated from college.
This is the closest I've ever
gotten to a college graduation.
Today I want to tell you three stories
from my life.
That's it.
No big deal.
Just three stories.
The first story is about connecting the dots.
I dropped out of Reed College
after the first 6 months,
but then stayed around as a drop-in
for another 18 months or so
before I really quit.
So why did I drop out?
It started before I was born.
My biological mother was
a young, unwed college graduate student,
and she decided to put me up for adoption.
She felt very strongly that I should
be adopted by college graduates,
so everything was all set
for me to be adopted at birth
by a lawyer and his wife.
Except that when I popped out
they decided at the last minute
that they really wanted a girl.
So my parents,
who were on a waiting list,
got a call in the middle of the night asking:
"We have an
do you want him?"
They said:
"Of course."
My biological mother later found out that
my mother had never graduated
from college and that my father had
never graduated from high school.
She refused to sign the final adoption papers.
She only relented a few months later
when my parents promised that
I would someday go to college.
This was the start in my life.
And 17 years later I did go to college.
But I naively chose a college
that was almost as expensive as Stanford,
and all of my working-class parents' savings
were being spent on my college tuition.
After six months,
I couldn't see the value in it.
I had no idea what I wanted to do
with my life and no idea
how college was going to
help me figure it out.
And here I was spending
all of the money my parents
had saved their entire life.
So I decided to drop out
and trust that it would
all work out OK.
It was pretty scary at the time,
but looking back it was one of
the best decisions I ever made.
The minute I dropped out
I could stop taking the required classes
that didn't interest me,
and begin dropping in on the ones
that looked far more interesting.
It wasn't all romantic.
I didn't have a dorm room,
so I slept on the floor in friends' rooms,
I returned coke bottles for the 5 cent deposits
to buy food with,
and I would walk the 7 miles
across town every Sunday night
to get one good meal a week
at the Hare Krishna temple.
I loved it.
And much of what I stumbled into
by following my curiosity and intuition
turned out to be priceless later on.
Let me give you one example:
Reed College at that time
offered perhaps the best
calligraphy instruction in the country.
Throughout the campus
every poster,
every label on,
every drawer
was beautifully hand calligraphed.
Because I had dropped out
and didn't have to take
the normal classes,
I decided to take a calligraphy class
to learn how to do this.
I learned about serif and san serif typefaces,
about varying the amount of space
between different letter combinations,
about what makes great typography great.
It was beautiful, historical,
artistically subtle in a way
that science can't capture,
and I found it fascinating.
None of this had even a hope
of any practical application in my life.
But ten years later,
when we were designing
the first Macintosh computer,
it all came back to me.
And we designed it all into the Mac.
It was the first computer
with beautiful typography.
If I had never dropped in
on that single course in college,
the Mac would have never had
multiple typefaces or proportionally spaced fonts.
And since Windows just copied the Mac,
its likely that
no personal computer would have them.
If I had never dropped out,
I would have never dropped in
on this calligraphy class,
and personal computers might not
have the wonderful typography that they do.
Of course it was impossible to
connect the dots looking forward
when I was in college.
But it was very, very clear looking
backwards ten years later.
Again,
you can't connect the
you can only connect them looking backwards.
So you have to trust that
the dots will somehow connect in your future.
You have to trust in something —
your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.
Because believing the dots
will connect down the road
would give you the confidence to follow your heart
even when it lead you after well wrong the path.
And that would made all the difference.
My second story is about love and loss.
I was lucky —
I found what I loved to do early in life.
Woz and I started Apple in my parents garage
when I was 20.
We worked hard,
and in 10 years Apple had grown from
just the two of us in a garage into
a $2 billion company with over 4000 employees.
We had just released our finest creation —
the Macintosh —
a year earlier,
and I had just turned 30.
And then I got fired.
How can you get fired from a company you started?
Well, as Apple grew we hired someone
who I thought was very talented
to run the company with me,
and for the first year or so things went well.
But then our visions of the future began to diverge
and eventually we had a falling out.
When we did,
our Board of Directors sided with him.
So at 30 I was out.
And very publicly out.
What had been the focus
of my entire adult life was gone,
and it was devastating.
I really didn't know what to do for a few months.
I felt that I had let
the previous generation of entrepreneurs down -
that I had dropped the baton
as it was being passed to me.
I met with David Packard and Bob Noyce
and tried to apologize for screwing up so badly.
I was a very public failure,
and I even thought about running away
from the valley.
But something slowly began to dawn on me —
I still loved what I did.
The turn of events at Apple had not changed
that one bit.
I had been rejected,
but I was still in love.
And so I decided to start over.
I didn't see it then,
but it turned out that
getting fired from Apple was the best thing
that could have ever happened to me.
The heaviness of being successful
was replaced by the lightness
of being a beginner again,
less sure about everything.
It freed me to enter one of
the most creative periods of my life.
During the next five years,
I started a company named NeXT,
another company named Pixar,
and fell in love with an amazing woman
who would become my wife.
Pixar went on to create
the worlds first computer animated feature film,
Toy Story,
and is now the most successful animation studio
in the world.
In a remarkable turn of events,
Apple bought NeXT,
I returned to Apple,
and the technology we developed
at NeXT is at the heart of Apple's
current renaissance.
And Laurene and I have a wonderful family together.
I'm pretty sure none of this would have happened
if I hadn't been fired from Apple.
It was awful tasting medicine,
but I guess the patient needed it.
Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick.
Don't lose faith.
I'm convinced that the only thing
that kept me going was that I loved what I did.
You've got to find what you love.
And that is as true for your work
as it is for your lovers.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life,
and the only way to be truly satisfied
is to do what you believe is great work.
And the only way to do great work
is to love what you do.
If you haven't found it yet, keep looking.
And don't settle.
As with all matters of the heart,
you'll know when you find it.
And, like any great relationship,
it just gets better and better as the years roll on.
So keep looking. Don't settle.
My third story is about death.
When I was 17,
I read a quote that went something like:
"If you live each day as if it was your last,
someday you'll most certainly be right."
It made an impression on me,
and since then,
for the past 33 years,
I have looked in the mirror every morning
and asked myself:
"If today were the last day of my life,
would I want to do what I am about to do today?"
And whenever the answer has been "No"
for too many days in a row,
I know I need to change something.
Remembering that I'll be dead soon
is the most important tool I've ever encountered
to help me make the big choices in life.
Because almost everything —
all external expectations, all pride,
all fear of embarrassment or failure -
these things just fall away in the face of death,
leaving only what is truly important.
Remembering that you are going to die
is the best way I know to avoid
the trap of thinking you have something to lose.
You are already naked.
There is no reason not to follow your heart.
About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer.
I had a scan at 7:30 in the morning,
and it clearly showed a tumor on my pancreas.
I didn't even know what a pancreas was.
The doctors told me
this was almost certainly a type of cancer
that is incurable,
and that I should expect to live no longer
than three to six months.
My doctor advised me to go home and
get my affairs in order,
which is doctor's code for prepare to die.
It means to try to tell your kids everything
you thought you'd have the next 10 years
to tell them in just a few months.
It means to make sure everything is buttoned up
so that it will be as easy as possible
for your family.
It means to say your goodbyes.
I lived with that diagnosis all day.
Later that evening I had a biopsy,
where they stuck an endoscope down my throat,
through my stomach and into my intestines,
put a needle into my pancreas
and got a few cells from the tumor.
I was sedated, but my wife, who was there,
told me that when they viewed the cells
under a microscope
the doctors started crying
because it turned out to be a very rare form
of pancreatic cancer that is curable with surgery.
I had the surgery and I'm fine now.
This was the closest I've been to facing death,
and I hope its the closest I get
for a few more decades.
Having lived through it,
I can now say this to you
with a bit more certainty than when death
was a useful but purely intellectual concept:
No one wants to die.
Even people who want to go to heaven
don't want to die to get there.
And yet death is the destination we all share.
No one has ever escaped it.
And that is as it should be,
because Death is very likely
the single best invention of Life.
It is Life's change agent.
It clears out the old to make way for the new.
Right now the new is you,
but someday not too long from now,
you will gradually become the old
and be cleared away.
Sorry to be so dramatic,
but it is quite true.
Your time is limited,
so don't waste it living someone else's life.
Don't be trapped by dogma —
which is living with the results
of other people's thinking.
Don't let the noise of others' opinions
drown out your own inner voice.
And most important,
have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
They somehow already know
what you truly want to become.
Everything else is secondary.
When I was young,
there was an amazing publication
called The Whole Earth Catalog,
which was one of the bibles of my generation.
It was created by a fellow named Stewart Brand
not far from here in Menlo Park,
and he brought it to life with his poetic touch.
This was in the late 1960's,
before personal computers and desktop publishing,
so it was all made with
typewriters, scissors, and polaroid cameras.
It was sort of like Google in paperback form,
35 years before Google came along:
it was idealistic, overflowing with neat tools
and great notions.
Stewart and his team put out
several issues of The Whole Earth Catalog,
and then when it had run its course,
they put out a final issue.
It was the mid-1970s,
and I was your age.
On the back cover of their final issue
was a photograph of an early morning country road,
the kind you might find yourself hitchhiking on
if you were so adventurous.
Beneath it were the words:
"Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish."
It was their farewell message as they signed off.
Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
And I have always wished that for myself.
And now, as you graduate to begin a new,
I wish that for you.
Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
Thank you all very much.
放心哥爱听外语的专辑
K歌作品推荐
放心哥爱听外语的相似歌手
没有和放心哥爱听外语相似的歌手
听04 Three Stories From My Life的人也喜欢听
歌曲榜Top10

我要回帖

更多关于 淘宝流量是什么意思 的文章