推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口看过a modest proposal 后的读后感,很急用。_百度知道
看过a modest proposal 后的读后感,很急用。
看到这个文章之后大家有什么感觉? 最好长点的。
提问者采纳
I could not believe how graphic and gripping satire can be until I read Jonathan Swift's works, especially A Modest Proposal. When I read this particular satire I was simultaneously shocked, enraged, and sickened. How could such a short piece of fiction affect a person so drastically? I suppose it has much to do with Swift's skillful use of metaphor and irony. The underlining metaphor of Swift's A Modest Proposal is England as a devourer of the Irish people. At this time, England was economically exploiting Ireland for its own profit and in the process, impoverishing the Irish people and condemning them to a despairing existence.Jonathan Swift uses this disturbing metaphor to shock his readers and to show them the true brutality of the condition of Ireland because of England and indirectly because of the Irish people themselves. However, Swift carefully crafted A Modest Proposal with its savage irony and horrific metaphors to strike the sleeping world in the face and make all see this sickening state of Ireland.In the end, Jonathan Swift &proposes& in A Modest Proposal that poor Irish babies be used as a food source because it could be profitable to both the English and the Irish. On one hand, the English would profit from the growing market of this new &delicacy.& The poor of Ireland, though, could rid themselves of the unwanted children that they cannot afford to feed and get paid handsomely for &breeding.& Ultimately, Swift uses this revolting proposal to condemn both the English for taking such advantage of the poor people of Ireland and the Irish for not doing anything to lessen their plight or to rid their country of English dominion. But above all else, Jonathan Swift did not want any of his readers to ever forget the cruelty the Irish poor faced every day under the ravenous hand of England so the world would do something to rid Ireland and the rest of the earth of this immoral and ghastly treatment.希望对你有帮助
其他类似问题
读后感的相关知识
其他2条回答
犀利的讽刺
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁推荐这篇日记的豆列
······a modest proposal的中文译文在哪里啊?急!_百度知道
a modest proposal的中文译文在哪里啊?急!
a modest proposal的中文译文在哪里啊?急
提问者采纳
一个小小的建议 (节选) 在此请允许我冒昧的提出我的拙见,希望不会遭到异议。 我在伦敦结识的一个博学的美国朋友曾经向我保证,一个被细心的看护至一岁大的年幼的健康的小孩是最美味、滋补和健康的食品,无论是用炖、烘烤或是煮的;而且我毫不怀疑,将这样的小孩做成炖肉丁或菜炖肉都会一样美味。 因此,请允许我冒昧的向公众提出我的拙见,将记录在册的120,000孩童中留下20,000个用来繁殖后代,其中1/4须是男孩。这个数目比我们养的羊、黑牛和猪多多了。我的理由是,这些孩子大部分都不是婚姻的结晶,而既然我们这些野蛮人并不注重婚姻这种形式,那么一个男人足以应付4个女人。对于剩下的100,000个孩子,可以在他们一岁时卖给上流社会人士(食用);叫他们的妈妈在出售前一个月喂足奶,让他们又肥又胖可以卖个好价钱。(一般而言)一个孩子可以做成两个菜招待朋友,而当家庭自己聚餐时,身体的前后1/4段就足够提供一盘好菜色,如果加少许胡椒粉和盐,在第四天下锅就能煮出美食,特别是在冬天。
其他类似问题
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁a modest proposal(1)_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
10页免费12页免费9页免费10页¥0.101页免费 10页免费8页免费21页免费9页免费5页免费
喜欢此文档的还喜欢3页1下载券6页免费3页免费9页免费3页免费
a modest proposal(1)|一​个​小​小​的​建​议
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等: